Career Opportunities: Orange County Art Classes
Artventure is always looking for talented, enthusiastic instructors to join our team. If you’re interested in teaching kids, teens, or adults, please complete the form below. If your application is a good fit for any of our open positions, we will contact you.
Thanks for your interest!
- Ongoing assistant instructors
- Lead instructors
- Camp leaders
- Guest instructors (specialties)
Lead Instructor/Director Job Description:
Located in Aliso Viejo, CA, Artventure specializes in fine art instruction for kids, teens, and adults. Artventure offers classes in drawing, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, sketching, and oil painting led by our highly trained and energetic instructors. The goal of Artventure is to give the highest quality instruction to artists of all levels and make every student say, “I just love being here!”
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Artventure is looking for a Lead Art Instructor/Studio Manager to join our team. This outgoing and energetic instructor will be responsible for teaching youth and teen group art classes. Classes will involve a variety of art mediums including drawing, sketching, watercolor, oil paint, pastel, and acrylic. The Lead Art Instructor is responsible for running studio classes and operations, while providing a high level of customer service. The Lead Art Instructor will additionally be responsible for managing and training a small team of instructors and apprentices.
- Manage and educate students in a studio setting
- Develop and implement engaging lesson plans
- Adhere to an established teaching curriculum
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Document and share student evaluations
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Willingness to wear many hats
- Stock and manage supplies
- Learn new techniques and grow as a teacher
- Develop weekly lesson plans
- Open and close studio, clean and prepare studio between classes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Fine Arts in Illustration degree
- 2+ years experience teaching art to kids and/or teens in either a studio or classroom environment
- Experience in independently running group art classes highly preferred
- Energetic and outgoing personality is a must
- High level of ability to multitask; must be able to thrive while managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Must have excellent drawing/quick sketching skills, and be well versed in water-based media
- Must have ability to draw from imagination without source materials
- Experience in managing others highly preferred
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends
If chosen for an interview, candidates will be required to bring art portfolio including representational art, personal artwork, and commission work (if applicable). Portfolio should be limited to ten key pieces representative of your work.