Career Opportunities: Orange County Art Classes
Artventure is always looking for talented, enthusiastic instructors to join our team. If you’re interested in teaching kids, teens, or adults, please complete the form below. If your application is a good fit for any of our open positions, we will contact you.
Thanks for your interest!
- Ongoing assistant instructors
- Lead instructors
- Camp leaders
- Guest instructors (specialties)
Assistant Art Instructor for a Summer Camp and Regular Class Instructor positions.
Located in Aliso Viejo, CA, Artventure specializes in fine art instruction for kids, teens, and adults. Artventure offers classes in drawing, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, sketching, and oil painting led by our highly trained and energetic instructors. The goal of Artventure is to give the highest quality instruction to artists of all levels and make every student say, “I just love being here!”
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Classes will involve a variety of art mediums including drawing, sketching, watercolor, oil paint, pastel, and acrylic. The Lead Art Instructor is responsible for running studio classes and operations, while providing a high level of customer service. The Lead Art Instructor will additionally be responsible for managing and training a small team of instructors and apprentices.
- Manage and educate students in a studio setting
- Adhere to an established teaching curriculum
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Document and share student evaluations
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Willingness to wear many hats
- Stock and manage supplies
- Learn new techniques and grow as a teacher
- Previous experience in teaching kids or other educational fields
- BFA or two years working towards one
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating excellent realistic drawing skills and mastery over form and color in two-dimensional mediums
- Two references
If chosen for an interview, candidates will be required to bring art portfolio including representational art, personal artwork, and commission work (if applicable). Portfolio should be limited to ten key pieces representative of your work.